Advanced Surf Lessons
Everybody knows, that the best surfer out there is the one having the most fun! Are you excited to step up your surfing game? Our advanced course will have you improve your bottom turn and learn top turns, duck dive and how to take control of your speed. This course will have you progressing from passively gliding down the wave to actively surfing it. You will learn to generate speed and how to choose the right maneuvers to stay in the power pocket of the wave. Also you will be taught to master bigger and more challenging waves, and how to get a better flow and consistency in your riding! Sound good? Then our advanced surf lessons are just right for you!
A short assessment will help to determine your surfing level, so we can tailor the right training program with specific exercises for you. Depending on your abilities and goals, we will help you focus on the right exercises and to choosing the right equipment. Its important that you don’t limit your development through wrong equipment choices, such as having too small a board or the wrong fin set-up, etc.
What you will learn in the advanced surf lessons:
- Learn different types of bottom turns, how to adapt your technique to the endless variety of waves.
- Get a deeper understanding of your surf gear, so you choose the right equipment and use it in the appropriate way.
- Improve your paddling technique, so you get more waves, spending less energy.
- You will learn advanced take off techniques, consequently minimizing your wipeouts.
- Improve your wave reading technique, so you avoid close-outs and get a better position in the line-up.
- How to choose the right maneuvers and getting the right speed, trimming front and back side.
- You will learn the right timing, so you find your flow.
- Learn how to perform your first basic maneuvers such as top-turns, also cutbacks and floaters.
- Hydrodynamics, surfboard design, and surfing history.
We always keep the groups small for safety and learning progression reasons. Therefore we ensure a maximum ratio of instructor : students of 1:8, according to the recommendations of the ISA (International Surfing association). As a result the participants of the advanced surf lessons usually have a very similar level of surfing. This guarantees good lesson flow and advancement.
It’s hard to predict how many lessons each individual will need to improve. Some students improve after 3 lessons, and others need 10 lessons or more. Consequently, the average is somewhere between 5 and 10 lessons.
Surfing heavily depends on external weather conditions, therefore we always recommend visiting us for a longer period of time, at least for week or two. In conclusion, the longer you stay with us, the better your surfing will be!
What does the advanced surf lesson include:
- Free hotel pick-up.*
- Return transfer from our center in Famara to the spot of the day
- Surfboard according to your surf level, wetsuit, rash vest
- Practical and theoretical instructions on the beach and in the water, surf exercises, stretching
- Healthy and fresh picnic lunch on the beach (sandwich with local products, fresh fruit & water)
- Medical insurance
- Surfing Certificate (min. 5 days course)
- Surf school T-shirt (min. 5 days course)
* Please call us, to confirm the exact time and place. Free hotel pick-up service is offered for full day lessons only.
Advanced Surf Lesson Schedule
|10:00h||Meeting at the school center in Famara|
|10:30h – 12:30h||Warm-up on the beach, practical and theoretical lesson on the beach and in the water|
|12:30h – 13:00h||Picnic on the beach with fresh fruit and fresh local products as well as water|
|13:00h – 14:30h||Warm-up on the beach, practical and theoretical lesson on the beach and in the water|
|Until 15:00h||Back to our station in Famara, Lunch with a fresh sandwich and theory, video analysis|
Surf school schedule
We meet at RED STAR SURF in Famara: every day at 10 a.m. Beginner surf lessons, including transfer to the spot, set-up and lunch break, last approx. 5 hours. Small groups up to 8 people per surf instructor. Time to be there for the half day lessons is 10 a.m. or 12.30 pm. Half day lessons last ca. 2,5 hours.
Our surf school
You can find the Red Star Surf school and Shop on the main road of Caleta de Famara in front of the bar Chiringuito and opposite the supermarket Otilia. The exact address is:
Avenida el Marinero 9, 35558 Caleta de Famara.
Opening hours are from 9am to 7pm (9am to 6pm during the winter months).
For reservations or any further questions, please, call us +34 928 528 808 or write us an email at email@example.com