Private Surf Lessons
Who is this course for
Private surf lessons at Red Star Surf & Yoga Camp perfectly suit individuals and small groups or families. At all levels, looking for 100% attention with a dedicated surf instructor. You can choose the time and the speed of the lesson, probably most efficient way to improve your surfing skills during your holidays.
Everybody who is determined to get the best possible results in a short time, should choose private lessons with Red Star Surf & Yoga Camp Lanzarote. You can choose the time and duration. Especially relevant, what you want to focus on during your private surf lessons.
Consequently, the instructor will help you to set and achieve your surfing goals, taking into consideration your surfing level, your level of fitness, personal wishes, and priorities.
Therefore, a short assessment on the beach and in the water will be necessary. As a result, focusing on particular issues will essentially increase the effectivity of your private lessons. Therefore, please, bring videos or photos of your surfing, if you have any. The instructor will have an idea where to start from, so you don´t waste your time with the stuff you already know.
Best possible results in a short time
Red Star Surf & Yoga Camp Lanzarote private surf lessons guarantee you the best possible results in a short time, also plenty of feedback. Also feel free to request a specific instructor, who speaks your native language, or who you like personally.
In conclusion, most of our customers become friends with our instructors, and we think it’s an awesome thing. Indeed, when you share amazing experiences, that’s what creates friendships for life. As a result, many of our customers return several times a year and stay in touch with us, which we think is really cool.
What you will learn in private surf lessons
- You will receive a designed specialized program catering to your specific surfing requirements.
- Learn how to read the surf forecast (tides, wind and swell), so you never miss a good session.
- How to choose the right surf equipment according to the conditions.
- Avoiding dangerous situations, such as rips and strong currents.
- How to choose the right place to surf, considering your abilities.
- First of all, positioning on the board and paddling techniques.
- Different pop-up techniques, according to your abilities.
- How to pick the right waves to catch, so you don`t waste your time with close-outs.
- How to ride waves, also perform different types of maneuvers.
- Surfing etiquette and the rules of the line-up play an important role, as the sport became very popular.
- Fitness and preparation for surfing, so you enjoy more from the first day of your holiday.
- Generation of waves, also types of waves and the influence of the weather.
- Information on hydrodynamics and surfboard design.
- Surfing history, also ocean environment education.
Private surf lessons include
- Free hotel pick-up.*
- Return transfer from our center in Famara to the spot of the day.
- All equipment is provided, such as a surfboard according to your surf level, wetsuit, rash vest.
- Practical and theoretical instructions on the beach and in the water, also surf exercises, stretching.
- Healthy and fresh picnic lunch on the beach (sandwich with local products, fresh fruit & water).
- Medical insurance.
- Surfing Certificate (min. 5 days course).
- Surf school T-shirt (min. 5 days course).
* Please call us, to confirm the exact time and place. Free hotel pick-up service is offered for full day lessons only.
Our surf school
You will find the Red Star Surf school and shop on the main road of Caleta de Famara in front of the bar Chiringuito and the supermarket Otilia. The exact address is:
Avenida el Marinero 9, 35558 Caleta de Famara.
Opening hours are from 9am to 7pm (9am to 6pm during the winter months).
For reservations or any further questions, please, call us +34 928 528 808 or write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org